Antelope Valley Workers' Compensation AttorneysCall Toll-Free 800.358.9617
Palmdale and Lancaster Valley Workers' Comp Lawyers Antelope Valley Workers' Comp Firm Frequently Asked Workers' Comp Questions Recent Victories Contact a Antelope Valley Workers' Comp Lawyer Free Case Evaluation

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

About Workers' Compensation in Palmdale and Lancaster

When should I report a work injury to my employer?

If you are injured at work, it is important to immediately report the injury to your direct supervisor or manager. Reporting your injury in this way helps to ensure you will be eligible to receive the benefits you should be entitled to under workers' compensation law. It is also important to file your claim as soon as possible.

My claim hasn't been approved or denied yet. Can I still have my employer pay for my medical treatment?

If you filed a workers' compensation claim in Palmdale or Lancaster and are awaiting approval, you may still be entitled to money for medical care. Your employer is required to pay for up to $10,000 in medical treatment before your claim is denied or approved.

Are there limits to the amount of treatment I can receive?

There are limits on particular types of treatment, unless otherwise approved by your claims administrator. This limit includes: 24 chiropractic visits, 24 occupational therapy visits and 24 physical therapy visits.

What is a claims administrator?

A claims administrator is a person appointed to handle your claim, most often an employee of the workers' compensation insurance company or your employer. The claims administrator will be responsible for paying for medical care and evaluating the merits of your claim.

What types of benefits can I receive for my claim?

Though the particular benefits you can receive for a Palmdale or Lancaster workers' compensation claim will vary depending on the case, you may be entitled to the following types of benefits: medical benefits, disability benefits (temporary or permanent), supplemental job displacement benefits and death benefits. A workers' compensation lawyer can talk to you about your particular case to see what benefits you may be entitled to receive.

Do I need an attorney to file a workers' compensation claim?

You are not required to work with an attorney to file a workers' compensation claim in the Antelope Valley. However, working with a professional who has experience in this field may be beneficial to the outcome of your claim and your ability to recover full benefits. Click here to learn more about our attorney services for workers' compensation claims in Palmdale, Lancaster and the surrounding areas.

Get more answers to your questions about workers' compensation in Lancaster and Palmdale. Contact an attorney at our law firm today!